Tink's Fireplace ~ Functional Version
Updated: 12th Jan 2012 at 8:28 PM
There are 9 recolors included - five of those are Kim's original recolors for Tinkle's version, 2 are Maxis textures (as is the default red brick) and the other 2 random ones I picked out.
If you have Tinkle's version, both can be used in game at the same time. Since I remapped her mesh, added the logs and ten slots, I didn't reuse her GUID's. My version can be found in Appliances>Misc for 499 simoleons.
I've played with this fireplace for the last 3 weeks. The only issue is the animations (see attached pics)- they are off just a tad when lighting/poking. I tried to minimize the clipping as much as I could. The warm self animation is fine, and I have to say it's awfully cute when a sim is warming his/her behind.
Recolors are more than welcome, hope your sims enjoy their new fireplace! (Mine used to laugh at it, but he got over it eventually and seems to appreciate it, lol.)
A huge thanks to Huge Lunatic for fixing a light issue for me.
MilkShape, SimPE, PhotoShop CS2
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS - check below for more information.
|Filename||MLC-WorkingTinkleFireplace.package (inside MLC-TinksFireplace-Functional.rar)|
|Title||Tinkles Fireplace - Working Version|
|Description||Tinkle at Black Pearl Sims made a very nice looking deco fireplace. While I liked it, I wasn't happy with the fact that it didn't work. So, here's my edited version. The mesh is Tinkles, so all credit for it goes to her- except for the logs. The mesh was remapped to use a much smaller texture, the doors and the surrounding little parts were made separate and recolorable.. the doors were opened. (Who has a fire with the doors closed?!?) There are slots now (play around and find them!) and the polys were greatly reduced. Tinkle's version is almost 5000 polys, due to the handles on the doors. My version is less than 2000 polys. Hope your simmies enjoy their new fireplace! :) by mustluvcatz www.mustluvcatz.livejournal.com www.sailfinsims.com www.modthesims.info [This Fireplace is based on an Enhanced Template by Numenor - www.numenor-moddings.com]|
Size: 1.37 MB · Downloads: 38,939 · 12th Jan 2012
|1.37 MB||38,939||12th Jan 2012|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.
The exception: My TS4 Robert Williamson sim. I would really like it if he's not edited in any way. He's my tribute to Robin Williams, who was someone I greatly admired. Changing him would make him just another sim.