A Major Award
Updated: 3rd Apr 2015 at 12:51 AM by HugeLunatic
Husband, reading out loud as he unpacks a strange lamp from a wooden crate: “F-R-A-G-I-L-E … Fra-gee-lay … why, it must be Italian!”
Wife: “I think it says Fragile, honey.”
~ From A Christmas Story, by Jean Shepherd
Yes, this is a simization of that iconic leg lamp from the classic movie, A Christmas Story. While Dot over at TSR created it for Sims 2, I was unable to find a Sims 3 version…so I made one myself. This is an entirely new mesh, and not based in any way on anyone else’s.
The Gam O’ Glam comes with three preset variations, and is recolorable in three channels. It functions as a normal lamp, with all the typical lamplike abilities. One of the presets has a non-recolorable black lace garter.
You can change the pattern on the leg to something more or less fishnet-like. To that end, I created two square fishnet patterns, large and small, that can also be downloaded from this thread. Arwen also created some fishnet patterns that looks very nice on the Leg O’ Lamp. For a list of skin tone hex and RGB codes, look here .
Of course your Major Award comes with a commemorative plaque that you can place on your simmy walls in both Simlish and English:
And here’s one for your real wall, too. The PDF is with the other downloads in a separate file. Just set your printer to landscape and print away.
Technical and Other Relevant Info
A Major Award is located in the Function -> Lighting -> Table Lamp section of the Buy Catalog, while the Certificate of Major Award Commemorative Plaque can be found in Function -> Décor -> Wall Hangings. Both fishnet patterns are located in the Geometric category in CAST. All items (except the patterns) provide +1 to Environment.
A Major Award (Leg Lamp)
Certificate of Major Award Commemorative Plaque
No expansion or stuff packs are needed. All meshes were play tested on a base game fully patched to 1.38, and on a game full of expansions and stuff packs using 1.38. They might work on other levels, but there are no guarantees.
I love thanks and welcome comments, and of course, please report any problems you have here in this thread and I’ll send Ralphie over with his Red Rider BB Gun to solve the problem.
Tools used: Milkshape, S3PE, TSRW, Sims3Pack Multi Installer, Photoshop CS6, Delphy’s PatternPackager, Adobe Acrobat
CC Credits: The Chameleon Flowers by me here at MTS, and The Walls Have Eyes from Two Patterns Plus One Plus One by me also.
Warning: This lamp is Fra-gee-lay! Your sim may experience permanent Phantom Limb Syndrome if this leg lamp is amputated, broken, or deleted from your Packages folder!
A Major Award
High Polys: 808
Low Polys: 374
Certificate of Major Award Commemorative Plaque
High Polys: 110
Low Polys: 54
Antique: Antique or Historical
Living: Living Room
Tags: #lamp, #lamps, #leg lamp, #a major award, #a christmas story, #fishnet, #fishnets, #square fishnet, #square fisnets, #wall hanging, #award, #picture, #certificate, #pattern, #geometric, #geometric pattern, #square pattern
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS - check below for more information.
* The following information shares where to find it in buy-mode, any buffs/moodlets they get from it and what it can be used for!
Size: 59.4 KB · Downloads: 3,728 · 27th Sep 2012
|59.4 KB||3,728||27th Sep 2012|
Size: 34.8 KB · Downloads: 4,965 · 27th Sep 2012
|34.8 KB||4,965||27th Sep 2012|
Size: 282.3 KB · Downloads: 8,636 · 27th Sep 2012
|282.3 KB||8,636||27th Sep 2012|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Click the file listed on the Files tab to download the file to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file. Now you will have either a .package or a .sims3pack file.
For Package files:
1. Cut and paste the file into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages folder. If you do not already have this folder, you should read the full guide to Package files first: Sims 3:Installing Package Fileswiki, so you can make sure your game is fully patched and you have the correct Resource.cfg file.
2. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
For Sims3Pack files:
1. Cut and paste it into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads folder. If you do not have this folder yet, it is recommended that you open the game and then close it again so that this folder will be automatically created. Then you can place the .sims3pack into your Downloads folder.
2. Load the game's Launcher, and click on the Downloads tab. Find the item in the list and tick the box beside it. Then press the Install button below the list.
3. Wait for the installer to load, and it will install the content to the game. You will get a message letting you know when it's done.
4. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
Extracting from RAR, ZIP, or 7z: You will need a special program for this. For Windows, we recommend 7-Zip and for Mac OSX, we recommend Keka. Both are free and safe to use.
Need more help?
If you need more info, see:
Visit my site @ http://www.kithri.jimdo.com/ for more stuff not available here at MTS!
Sims 2 Meshes--May be recolored, please give credit, no permission needed. Do not bundle mesh with recolors, link to mesh here at MTS. Meshes may not be altered without permission.
Sims 3 Meshes--Meshes may not be altered without permission. May use in uploads, but never to pay sites or to the Exchange; do not bundle with upload, link to mesh here at MTS. And please give me credit. :)
Patterns--Do not upload to pay sites or to the Exchange; otherwise, you may use in other uploads. Okay to bundle them into your package, no permission need. Just credit me, please.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License. See http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/3.0/ for legal information.