Lord Milton Roundbottom’s Non-Polygonal Parlor Set, Part I
Updated: 9th Aug 2012 at 7:50 PM
No expansion or stuff packs are needed. Lord Milton Roundbottom's Non-Polygonal Parlor Set, Part I, was play tested on a fully-patched base game and on a game full of expansions and stuff packs. Tested with patch 1.36 and 1.33, it might work with other patch levels, most likely post-Pets (patch 1.26 and beyond).
There are five variations of all set objects:
1. La Paloma Redonda
2. Twinkle Twinkle Little Chair
3. Blue Suede Moos
4. Tangents in White Sauce
5. Key Lime Pi
And, if none of these suit, each piece has three recolorable channels, so you may change them as you wish:
Click the thumbnails at the bottom of the page to see larger pictures of the variations, and for additional channel and UV mapping pictures.
|File Name||Name||Channels||Slots||High LOD Polys/Vertices||Low LOD Polys/Vertices|
|Kithri_RoundbottomSofa_7_12_v1||Lord Milton Roundbottom's Non-Polygonal Lounging Apparatus||3||-||3362/2727||480/642|
|Kithri_RoundbottomChair_7_12_v1||Lord Milton Roundbottom's Non-Polygonal Seating Contraption||3||-||1910/1823||416/539|
|Kithri_RoundbottomTable_7_12_v1||Lady Fanny's Non-Pointy Horizontal Latte And Knick-Knack Surface||3||22||612/462||252/284|
Other Relevant Information
|Name||Price||Environment Score||Buy Catalog Location|
|Lord Milton Roundbottom's Non-Polygonal Lounging Apparatus (sofa)||250||0||Comfort -> Sofas|
|Lord Milton Roundbottom's Non-Polygonal Seating Contraption (armchair)||115||0||Comfort -> Living Chairs|
|Lady Fanny's Non-Pointy Horizontal Latte And Knick-Knack Surface (coffee table)||125||1||Surfaces -> Coffee Tables|
Depending upon the reception of Part I, Lord and Lady Roundbottom might be persuaded to continue the set with additional non-polygonal pieces in a Part II.
Please report any problems encountered with the set here in this thread, and Lord Roundbottom's scuttling minion Kithri will do her best to fix them.
Tools used: Maya, Blender, Milkshape, TSRW, S3PE, UV Mapper, Roadkill 1.1, Sims 3 Pack MultiInstaller, Photoshop 6.0, a pinch of arsenic, a spider, some glue, and The Gimp
Custom Content Credits: A few Sims 3 Store items appear in the screenshots, the Faire Folk Jar, the Faire Floor Lamp, and the Gamma Green Thumb Plant. All other cc is by me...the Alligator Bookcase (http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=481229), the decorative urn/cookie jar (http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=480092); the remainder are not yet released.
Warning: Do not run with scissors, they have nasty sharp pointy points on them!
See Technical Information above.
Thanks to: Delphy, Inge & Peter Jones, Cmomoney for Blender plugins, Wes Howe for MS plugins, Armiel for Builder's Island, and most of all to my sister Brenda Jean, for her artistic input (and who also told me that if I didn't use the tan-and-blue bird fabric, I had no taste. . .)
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS - check below for more information.
Size: 2.16 MB · Downloads: 10,072 · 28th Jul 2012
|2.16 MB||10,072||28th Jul 2012|
|For a detailed look at individual files, see the Information tab.|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Click the file listed on the Files tab to download the file to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file. Now you will have either a .package or a .sims3pack file.
For Package files:
1. Cut and paste the file into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages folder. If you do not already have this folder, you should read the full guide to Package files first: Sims 3:Installing Package Fileswiki, so you can make sure your game is fully patched and you have the correct Resource.cfg file.
2. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
For Sims3Pack files:
1. Cut and paste it into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads folder. If you do not have this folder yet, it is recommended that you open the game and then close it again so that this folder will be automatically created. Then you can place the .sims3pack into your Downloads folder.
2. Load the game's Launcher, and click on the Downloads tab. Find the item in the list and tick the box beside it. Then press the Install button below the list.
3. Wait for the installer to load, and it will install the content to the game. You will get a message letting you know when it's done.
4. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
Extracting from RAR, ZIP, or 7z: You will need a special program for this. For Windows, we recommend 7-Zip and for Mac OSX, we recommend Keka. Both are free and safe to use.
Need more help?
If you need more info, see:
Visit my site @ http://www.kithri.jimdo.com/ for more stuff not available here at MTS!
Sims 2 Meshes--May be recolored, please give credit, no permission needed. Do not bundle mesh with recolors, link to mesh here at MTS. Meshes may not be altered without permission.
Sims 3 Meshes--Meshes may not be altered without permission. May use in uploads, but never to pay sites or to the Exchange; do not bundle with upload, link to mesh here at MTS. And please give me credit. :)
Patterns--Do not upload to pay sites or to the Exchange; otherwise, you may use in other uploads. Okay to bundle them into your package, no permission need. Just credit me, please.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License. See http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/3.0/ for legal information.