Mon Reve (No CC)
Updated: 29th Oct 2012 at 12:25 AM
On the outside, this farmhouse appears a bit worn and weathered, but what else would you expect from a centuries old structure? One of the property's previous owners expanded the main house and added a small, detached garage, but the original stone still covers much of the exterior.
In addition to the garage, the house comes with a pond and arched bridge, a pool, a small vineyard, a windmill, a faux well, a tree house, a swing set, and a two-stall stables. The landscaping is lush and verdant, full of lavender and hydrangeas, and the grounds have been lovingly cared for and maintained.
The interior is decorated in a quaint, French country style, but don't let the rustic vibe fool you. The house offers plenty of modern amenities and luxuries. The first floor features a master bedroom with private en suite bath, a nursery, a spare bedroom (which could function as a teenager's room, a guest room, a play room, or whatever), an office, and another full bath off the hallway.
The second floor boasts a study space for the kids, a small media area or reading nook, two charming children's bedrooms (each with two single beds), a spacious bathroom containing a vintage claw foot tub, and a laundry room with a washer and dryer. In addition to having room for eight Sims, this property is also set up to accommodate one or two dogs (big or small), one or two cats, and two horses.
- Five Bedrooms + Study
- Three Full Bathrooms
- Great Room Style Living Area with Open Kitchen, Dining Room, and Living Room
- TV Nook
- Study Space for the Kids
- Master with en Suite Bath
- Laundry Room
- Accommodations for Cats and Dogs (Any Size)
- Garage with Workbench (Inventor's Table)
- Courtyard Overflowing with Lavender
- Faux Well
- Small Vineyard and/or Garden
- Tree House and Swing Set
- Two-Stall Stables with a Second Floor Tack Room
- Lot Size- 50x50
- Furnished- §174,522
- Unfurnished- §84,233
Stuff Packs Used:
- Fast Lane- Not required. The pickup truck in the driveway (which is not shown, as my Sim apparently drove off with it before I could take the pictures!), is from FLS.
- Master Suite- Not required. I used two decorative objects from this pack, "Fiery Romance" (candles) and "Blooming Love" (a vase of flowers). Both rooms will look fine without those objects.
Store Content Used:
If it is marked with a double asterisk (**) it is required. The rest is purely decorative. (However, if you don't have a few of the required items, you can easily replace the objects yourself and CAST them to fit in with the rest of the house.)
- Porterman Glass Doors** 100 Points
- Moelleux Sofa with Carved Apron** 100 Points
- Moelleux Living Chair** 100 Points
- Grandmother's Cooktop** 100 Points
- Fresh Farm Sink** 75 Points
- Country Carved Coffee Table** 50 Points
- Fantasy Activity Table** 25 Points
- Kitchen Cage Hutch 25 Points
- Coffee Tray with Book Accents 25 Points
- Vineyard Vittles Shelf 25 Points
- Pastoral Practical Kitchen Shelf 25 Points
- Haute Hip Floral Painting 25 Points
- Riverview Free (Two small outdoor decor items are from Riverview.)
I originally started building this lot in France (the WA destination), but when I moved it back to my main world the house got stuck as an "ownable" lot instead of a "regular" lot. I tried everything to fix it, but it refuses to keep the "regular" lot designation. So:
If you have difficulty moving your Sims into this lot, please ensure that the house is marked as "regular" and not "ownable".
Don't hesitate to leave me a comment if you have any problems or questions.
Finally, I set all the lights on the property to a custom intensity and color, so as to reduce bloom and show off the house better. If you adjust the lighting at all, it may mess with my settings, so, in case you need it, the color code that I used is: 251,240,218.
Lot Size: 5x5
Lot Price: §174,522/§84,233
I want to thank velocitygrass for the Stencil Remover Mod, granthes for the Curtain Height Adjuster Mod, armiel for the Curtain Height Adjuster Mod for Generations and all the awesome folks in CFF for the feedback. Thanks guys!
Title: Mon Reve
Description: 5 BR / 3 BA - This old French farmhouse looks a bit worn on the outside, but the interior has been recently updated and remodeled. With plenty of room for the kids and animals to run and play, many families would dream of calling this house their home. By Buckley at Mod The Sims.
Size: 2.15 MB · Downloads: 2,999 · 30th Oct 2012
|2.15 MB||2,999||30th Oct 2012|
|For a detailed look at individual files, see the Information tab.|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Click the file listed on the Files tab to download the file to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
2. Select the .sims3pack file you got from extracting.
3. Cut and paste it into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads folder. If you do not have this folder yet, it is recommended that you open the game and then close it again so that this folder will be automatically created. Then you can place the .sims3pack into your Downloads folder.
5. Load the game's Launcher, and click on the Downloads tab. Select the house icon, find the lot in the list, and tick the box next to it. Then press the Install button below the list.
6. Wait for the installer to load, and it will install the lot to the game. You will get a message letting you know when it's done.
7. Run the game, and find your lot in Edit Town, in the premade lots bin.
Extracting from RAR, ZIP, or 7z: You will need a special program for this. For Windows, we recommend 7-Zip and for Mac OSX, we recommend Keka. Both are free and safe to use.
Need more help?
If you need more info, see Game Help:Installing TS3 Packswiki for a full, detailed step-by-step guide!
For a full list of packs with names, see the Packs Needed popup.
Number of bedrooms:
5 or more
Custom Content Included:
None: No Custom Content included
Fully Furnished: Lot is completely decked out in furnishings