"Cherub" Curly Hair for Males (All Ages!)
Updated: 8th Jul 2009 at 12:31 PM - Removing old TOU
It is available for all ages: toddler, child, teen, young adult, adult, and elder. Elders will have the same hair colour as adults. All of the included colours except white (black, dark brown, light brown, blonde, platinum blonde, and red) are in the genetic hair bins like Maxis hairs, and have the correct eyebrow colours; white shows up under custom and has blonde brows by default. The poly count is on the high side, 2896 polygons, 3257 vertices; however, this isn't too outrageous, as the Nightlife "rave kimono" hair with the fan and beads is around the same count.
I've tested it enough myself that I'm satisfied with it, but please let me know if you have any issues. One small thing to be aware of: on the child and toddler meshes, there is a tiny imperfection, a little gap that'll occur behind the ears when a sim looks up really far; it's an extremely small gap, and only visible from one angle when they're head's drastically tilted up, but I thought downloaders should be aware. My attempts to fix it have been unsuccessful, but it's such a tiny thing , I don't think it's that big a deal, even from my viewpoint as a serious perfectionist.
Please don't comment if you're just going to request something; I don't think I want to make another hair mesh (besides the female version of this) ever again, after what it took to make this one, and I don't take requests unless otherwise noted.
Model Credits: (if anyone cares)
Eyes: Mine (unreleased)
Brows: Mine (unreleased)
Model: Mine (Corvus - isn't he beautiful?)
- Tiggerypum, for her incredible help, support, and friendship through the entire process of creating the mesh, for running the Infocenter, and just for being wonderful. Thank you so much, Tig. I couldn't have done it without you.
- Wes_h, for the Unimesh plugins for Milkshape, used in the creation of this mesh.
- Dr Pixel, for various bits of useful meshing info, including how to put all the meshes together in one package.
- Melodie9, for creating some great hair conversions, one of which this hair is cloned from.
- MTS2, the rest of the staff, and Delphy, for creating a such a fantastic place to learn and share information, so I could figure out how to do cool stuff like this.
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS - check below for more information.
Size: 1.55 MB · Downloads: 172,571 · 27th Apr 2006
|1.55 MB||172,571||27th Apr 2006|
|For a detailed look at individual files, see the Information tab.|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.