Modern Georgian Manor Set
Updated: 13th Sep 2006 at 5:15 AM
Contained in this set is all you need to make your sims their very own Modern Georgian Manor.
For those unfamiliar with Georgian Architecture, it's named for the four monarchs of England named George that ruled during the height of this style's popularity during the 18th and 19th century (and NOT for the state of Georgia). Mostly Georgian-style has alot of balance and symmetry on the facade. You could actually draw an axis righ down the center of Georgian structures and each side would match the other exactly.
The Modern Georgian Manor Set is a re-imagining of the very first build set I did for TS1 which had alot of Georgian influences in it.
I am adding my standard disclaimer to this set: Due to the ornate nature of this set, there are very high poly counts!.
I'm not in the business of creating simplistic designs, so when you think of me, think of HIGH POLY COUNTS!
Each door features gold hardware accents, with the entry door featuring a kickplate, door knocker and peephole.
There are 6 doors and 4 windows to this set. Poly counts are in parenthesis:
arched window (2864)
palladian window (3808)
shuttered window (1476)
tall shuttered window (1587)
main entry door (3144)
double door set (2264)
french double door set (2296)
interior door (1652)
interior french door (1448)
2-tile doorway (732)
All the windows and doors are slaves to the SHORT SHUTTERED WINDOW and the ENTRY DOOR. Deleting either of these from your downloads folder will remove all the color options for the other doors and windows!
The frame of each window and door comes with 5 built-in color options (meaning you should try to delete any of them), and the shutters and main entry door also have 5 extra options of their own.
Note: if you plan to recolor any of the doors or windows for this set, you will have to recolor the repository objects (the SHORT SHUTTERED WINDOW and ENTRY DOOR), Since all the other windows and doors take their textures from these two items. Recoloring individual windows or doors will NOT work!
(Recolor templates coming soon)
Please feel free to recolor this set, but do not host the actual files anywhere else. Please simply link back to this thread and allow users to download the actual set from here. If you'd like to include these pieces in a lot, that's fine, so long as they are NOT uploaded to ANY paysite (w/the exception of TSR). Please also give me full credit and a link back. Thanks.
I am NOT allowing this set to be cloned, hacked, or uploaded to the exchange.
Edit: Alot of people are asking me to upload the house I used in the pictures. The house is just a shell and doesn't have anything in it except the rooms I photographed (I actually had to delete the study to build the kitchen "set"), so uploading it would be sort of pointless
This set was a toughie, so let me know what you think! (comments, questions , problems, etc)
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS - check below for more information.
Size: 1.93 MB · Downloads: 160,867 · 7th Sep 2006
|1.93 MB||160,867||7th Sep 2006|
|For a detailed look at individual files, see the Information tab.|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.
Due to school obligations, I am taking a hiatus from creating until spring of 2010. Please see my journal for more details.
Thanks for visiting my page! I invite you to check out my journal, where you can find information on my current and upcoming work, or just head straight to the downloads area!
I will not answer any PMs about downloading or questions about where to install downloaded files. If you are having problems downloading a file, that is a site issue I CANNOT help you with.
The 'Game Help' section of this website exists for that reason. It was put together by people who are heaps more knowledgeable than I am. Any questions about troubleshooting/the mechanics of downloading will be ignored and deleted.
However, if my files cause any in-game issues, I encourage you to PM me and chew my head off.