*Recolourable* Ford Mustang GT
IMPORTANT: GAME COMPATIBILITY
- If you have NIGHTLIFE (and optionally any other EP): you just need to download the package attached below.
- If you don't have Nightlife, but you have a newer EP (from OFB to SSN): you must download the package below *plus* the additional "Car Kit" available at the Exchange (LINK).
- If you have only the base game (optionally with UNI): this car won't work for you.
ORIGINAL MAXIS Vs. THIS IMPROVED VERSION
(Click on the thumb to see larger animated screenshots)
- This Mustang is recolourable (exterior and interior, separately)
- The recolours are visible in Neighborhood View, too
- The original Maxis car has a bug with the front light (see screenshot) that appears if you DON'T have Pets (the original lights use a texture from Pets). This bug is FIXED in this version.
Download the mesh, and optionally the recolours, attached to this post; unpack the files to your Downloads folder. If needed, download also the additional "Car Kit" from the Exchange (it's a Sims2pack) and install it as usual.
NOTE: This recolourable version of the Mustang has the same filename and the same GUIDs as the original one, so that it will overwrite the Maxis one, if you already have installed it.
IN GAME USAGE
You don't need me to explain how to use a car
DO NOT CLONE - DO NOT REPOST ANYWHERE (not even in lots): if needed, include the Maxis car in your lots, and suggest your downloaders to install this modified version separately.
RECOLOURS ALLOWED: you can post your recolours anywhere, but don't include the mes; provide a link to this thread, instead.
CREDITS and ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS
Credits to Maxis for the original Mustang: it's a great car! Credits to Numenor (that's me ) for enabling the colour option, creating the black and yellow recolours, and fixing the bug of the front lights. Oh! And for the fantastic animated screenshots, too!
Ask Maxis The mesh is theirs, not mine
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Expansion pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS - check below for more information.
Description: The all new Ford Mustang GT sports 300 more horsepower than your average Wild West wagon train and other hi-tech features that most Sims off the Sim City Pro Racing Circuit can’t begin to understand. But it’s not important that you don’t know what is under the hood - it’s important that your neighbors hear what’s under your hood through dual, stainless steel exhaust pipes. When you think sports car, you think the Ford Mustang GT. It seats four, but there’s only room for one.
* The following information shares where to find it in buy-mode, any buffs/moodlets they get from it and what it can be used for!
Size: 86.4 KB · Downloads: 32,307 · 15th Apr 2007
|86.4 KB||32,307||15th Apr 2007|
Size: 78.9 KB · Downloads: 42,767 · 15th Apr 2007
|78.9 KB||42,767||15th Apr 2007|
Size: 579.7 KB · Downloads: 54,084 · 15th Apr 2007
|579.7 KB||54,084||15th Apr 2007|
Key: - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.
Redistribution Policy and License Agreement
It's FORBIDDEN: to repost my stuff anywhere.
It's FORBIDDEN: to clone my creations.
It's ALLOWED: to create recolours for my objects (and post them on any site, including paysites), BUT you can't include the mesh in your recolour: you must give credits to me for the mesh, and provide a link to the mesh download thread.
It's ALLOWED: to include my creations in your lots, BUT the lots must be uploaded on free sites (except the Exchange), and you must provide credits and a link to the download thread.