SÖMNIG Vampire Music Box
Updated: 1st Oct 2012 at 6:41 PM
You know, not all vampires are tux-and-cape clad Dracula wannabes who sleep in coffins covered with bling and like to skulk around the neighbourhood, hoping to find some fair maiden
The SÖMNIG Vampire Music Box
This music box is a companion piece to the SÖMNIG Vampire Sleep Set by the Coffin Crew. If you think it looks suspiciously like a miniature version of the vampire bed from this set, then you... are absolutely correct. Thus, this music box is a perfect match to the rest of the SÖMNIG set - even more so since it's slaved to the vampire bed and will use any and all recolours you have for it, which in turn match the furniture from the IKEA stuff pack.
But the SÖMNIG Vampire Music Box isn't just a miniature vampire bed. Oh no, it's much, much more than that: It's animated and has custom sound!
The music is an excerpt from "Night on the Bare Mountain" by Russian composer Modest Mussorgsky - a well-known favourite of vamps and witches alike. While the music is playing, Sims aged child and up can listen to it* and get a boost in fun, comfort and energy. If you have Free Time installed, the listening Sims will also gain music enthusiasm.
A small caveat, though. Actually, it's a big caveat. This is a vampire music box, and as we all know, vampires don't do daylight very well. Therefore I strongly suggest you only let your Sims play with this music box after dark, lest bad things might happen. Such as spontaneous mini vampire combustion, that kind of thing. Your Sims really won't like it if that happens.
Nightlife AND the vampire bed from the SÖMNIG Vampire Sleep Set are REQUIRED for this object to work in game!
Also, apparently the earliest EPs don't understand custom sounds (this seems to be a problem for any object with custom sound, not just this one), so to be able to hear the music properly, you need to have OFB or above installed in addition to NL.
(Note that you can still use the music box even if you don't have any EPs higher than NL; the animation and the effects will still play and your Sim can still listen to the music - it's just that you the player won't hear anything.)
The SÖMNIG Vampire Music Box costs $75 and can be found in Decorative > Misc.
916 polys, 1333 vertices
- First and foremost, the Coffin Crew: Fanseelamb, Honeywell, Mustluvcatz, Leesester, Michelle111 and BoilingOil. This object wouldn't exist if it weren't for this band of
- Echo - the queen of writing great, easy-to-follow tutorials on things I never could have dreamed of accomplishing otherwise. Making custom BHAVs, animating objects, tying my shoes... I wouldn't know how to do any of these things if it weren't for Echo. (All right, so I was exaggerating about the shoes - but not about the rest.) Thank you for so generously and patiently sharing your knowledge with the community!
- Hexameter and Carrigon for their tutorials on adding custom sounds, without which this music box would just be a box
- and finally Atavera for his tutorial on adding effects (even though my spontaneously combusting mini vamp probably isn't too happy about it )
This object was made from the original vampire bed mesh by Fanseelamb/Honeywell/Leesester, using Milkshape, UV Mapper Pro, and Photoshop 7.
Happy Vampiric Simming!
*Note: When Sims listen to the music they do various idle animations, so if you use this mod, they will simply be nodding their heads until the music stops. Just so you don't think your Sims have gone nuts if that happens.
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS - check below for more information.
|Filename||obj_nixnivis_coffincrewmusicbox.package (inside VampireMusicBox.zip)|
|Title||SÖMNIG Vampire Music Box|
|Description||Just as modern and timeless as its "big brother" the vampire bed, the SÖMNIG Vampire Music Box is sure to make your vampires want to come out of the coffin, IKEA style. (Slaved to the SÖMNIG Vampire Bed by the Coffin Crew @ ModTheSims; this object is needed in game for the coffin part of the music box to display correctly.) By NixNivis @ MTS/leefish.nl, with credit to the Coffin Crew and B.|
| The vampire bed from the SOMNIG Vampire Sleep Set is REQUIRED for this object to work in-game!
Size: 1.09 MB · Downloads: 8,984 · 30th Sep 2012
|1.09 MB||8,984||30th Sep 2012|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.
- ...recolour my meshes and include them with your recolours
- ...include my Bodyshop items with your Sims and my objects with your lots
- ...modify and/or use parts of my Bodyshop meshes
- ...clone my objects
- ...convert my items for The Sims 3
- ...use my custom content in screen shots, stories, movies, etc.; credit is always appreciated, but by no means required.
But Please DON'T...
- ...claim my work as your own
- ...upload my items as is or with only v. minor changes (such as renaming them, but changing nothing else)
- ...convert my items for The Sims 4
- ...upload my items or content based on my items to paysites, including Patreon and sites that use ad.fly, or to TSR. (Sites that ask for voluntary donations through ko.fi, PayPal and the like are fine, though.)
you may of course do whatever you please![/size]
[size=+2]I'm no longer active at MTS, but I am still active in the Sims community.
I am NOT retired and my downloads here are NOT abandonware!