TS2>TS3 Aquabox Five-Gallon Aquarium Conversion
Uploaded 4th Nov 2012 at 4:29 PM · Updated 2nd Feb 2013 at 8:58 PM by Menaceman44 : text corrections
Yes, there are others available at the Store but not everyone can/wants to spend cash on a single item.
As a result I took on converting the Aquabox Five-Gallon Aquarium from The Sims 2!
This was NOT an easy task which is why you will notice that the tank isn't a 100% conversion. Some alterations had to be made to get it to function to a satisfactory level.
*There is no light on this tank. If left in its original position Sims would place their hands through it when stocking and cleaning the tank. Also when the tank was placed near other light sources it would glow as though it was radioactive.
*The air filter didn't line up with the bubble effect so was moved to the middle as I couldn't figure out how to move the actual effect itself.
*The box on the bottom left shelf no longer shares its texture with the castle roof. It looked daft.
*Objects within the tank had to be moved around slightly to avoid clipping with the weed effect. Again, I didn't know how, or if it was possible, to move the weeds.
The tank costs §300 and can be found in Function Sort under Entertainment>Hobbies & Skills and Pet Essentials>Miscellaneous Decor, and in Room Sort under Dining Room>Miscellaneous Decor and Study>Hobbies & Skills. It also features the original TS2 catalogue description including all of it's translations. If there's anything wrong with them, blame MAXIS.
It functions exactly as the original HELS tank and can be stocked and interacted with from the back as well as the front. Also, if you have any mods which alter the amount of fish which can be stocked in the HELS tank, it will affect this tank too!
IMPORTANT HELS is NOT required but please note that you need FREE game update 1.5.0.011000 in order for this content to work if you do not have HELS installed. Many thanks to EsmeraldaF for testing and confirming this.
It has 4 recolourable channels as shown below.
PLEASE NOTE as this is a conversion of a TS2 mesh the mapping isn't perfect. I have managed to correct most areas but only solid colours should be used on the water filter (blue in the image) as the mapping is simply too messy for me to correct.
MANY thanks to both BloomsBase and omegastarr82! Without their help I would probably have given up on this long ago. I'm so glad to finally have it released.
High Detail 1559
Medium Detail 927
Low Detail N/A
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Expansion pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS - check below for more information.
Description: Menaceman44_aquarium modern2x1_bb3dbc8e
* The following information shares where to find it in buy-mode, any buffs/moodlets they get from it and what it can be used for!
Size: 625.9 KB · Downloads: 40,332 · 4th Nov 2012
|625.9 KB||40,332||4th Nov 2012|
Key: - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Click the file listed on the Files tab to download the file to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file. Now you will have either a .package or a .sims3pack file.
For Package files:
1. Cut and paste the file into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages folder. If you do not already have this folder, you should read the full guide to Package files first: Sims 3:Installing Package Fileswiki, so you can make sure your game is fully patched and you have the correct Resource.cfg file.
2. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
For Sims3Pack files:
1. Cut and paste it into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads folder. If you do not have this folder yet, it is recommended that you open the game and then close it again so that this folder will be automatically created. Then you can place the .sims3pack into your Downloads folder.
2. Load the game's Launcher, and click on the Downloads tab. Find the item in the list and tick the box beside it. Then press the Install button below the list.
3. Wait for the installer to load, and it will install the content to the game. You will get a message letting you know when it's done.
4. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
Extracting from RAR, ZIP, or 7z: You will need a special program for this. For Windows, we recommend 7-Zip and for Mac OSX, we recommend Keka. Both are free and safe to use.
Need more help?
If you need more info, see:
I also have a Patreon page if you would like to make your support ongoing.
Please do not comment on my downloads asking if they need updating for new patches. By all means. please DO post if you have tried them in your game and find them to be broken. Make sure to include details of what is wrong though. Just telling me something needs updating is not helpful.
Comments are always welcome, good or bad. Although I prefer the good ones, heheh!
As I have now moved over to playing TS4, my TS3 and TS2 creations should be considered mostly unsupported.
Please see the Policy tab above if you are wanting to use any of my creations.