TS2>TS3 "Peace of Garbage" Can Conversion
Updated: 30th Dec 2012 at 7:36 PM
This time I have converted the "Peace of Garbage" Can trash bin from the Sims 2 base game for your Sims to enjoy.
This is the first TS3 object that I have worked on which has involved both animation AND geostates!
The bin lid opens and closes correctly when in use by a Sim when filling or emptying it, and the geostates alter to reflect whether the bin is full or not.
I will point out that the bin is never completely empty as I felt it was odd for Sims to be able to place rubbish in it multiple times before any actually showed on the inside. You do have to tilt the camera down over the bin to see it though. This was just personal preference.
It comes with two preset designs and is fully CAStable. The first preset reflects the original colours from TS2 and the second was added just for variety. There are three channels in all - the lid, the main body, and the foot pedal.
It costs a total of §30, just like the original, features it's original catalogue description (and translations where present. Other translations were created using Google Translate) and can be found under the same location as any other dustbin which should be Kitchen/Waste Disposal or Appliances/Misc. Appliances.
All that's left to say now is that I hope your Sims enjoy it and if you decide to download, please remember to hit the thanks button; I can see if you like my stuff then.
SeeMyu's geostate tutorial.
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS - check below for more information.
Size: 92.8 KB · Downloads: 7,135 · 30th Dec 2012
|92.8 KB||7,135||30th Dec 2012|
|For a detailed look at individual files, see the Information tab.|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Click the file listed on the Files tab to download the file to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file. Now you will have either a .package or a .sims3pack file.
For Package files:
1. Cut and paste the file into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages folder. If you do not already have this folder, you should read the full guide to Package files first: Sims 3:Installing Package Fileswiki, so you can make sure your game is fully patched and you have the correct Resource.cfg file.
2. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
For Sims3Pack files:
1. Cut and paste it into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads folder. If you do not have this folder yet, it is recommended that you open the game and then close it again so that this folder will be automatically created. Then you can place the .sims3pack into your Downloads folder.
2. Load the game's Launcher, and click on the Downloads tab. Find the item in the list and tick the box beside it. Then press the Install button below the list.
3. Wait for the installer to load, and it will install the content to the game. You will get a message letting you know when it's done.
4. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
Extracting from RAR, ZIP, or 7z: You will need a special program for this. For Windows, we recommend 7-Zip and for Mac OSX, we recommend Keka. Both are free and safe to use.
Need more help?
If you need more info, see: