Uploaded 17th May 2014 at 1:39 AM
I took the peacock statue from Apartment Life, shrank it down and made it into a lamp. Two lamps actually - one for the left and one for the right.
The base of the lamp is mine- remapping the existing base proved to be a tad frustrating. That turned out to be a good thing since the texture I made worked perfectly on the new base AND the polys are a bit lower than the original statue now.
What you need to know:
The lamps are repositoried and the files are named so you know which is the master and which is the slave.
As shown in the screenshots, the lamp is a bit bright when lit during the day. I tried to fix that and failed.
The lamps can be found with the rest of the table lamps and cost 100 Simoleons.
There are 2 subsets- the peacock and the base. Six recolors are included. I used Katu's recolors for the peacock and my own textures for the base.
You DO NOT need Apartment Life to use these in your game. They are base game compatible!
That's it! If anyone has any problems with these lamps, feel free to let me know!
Both Lamps: 1384
MilkShape, SimPE, PhotoShop CS2, Maxis, Katu for the generous TOU, Klaartje for hosting the Scuba event and Leefish for the fishbowl we all swim around in. Oh! And CatOfEvilGenius for the awesome MilkShape plug-in that makes mirroring a mesh ever so easy!
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Expansion pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS - check below for more information.
|Filename||MLC-PeacockTableLamp.package (inside MLC-PeacockLamps.rar)|
|Title||Peacock Table Lamp|
|Description||A table lamp made from the Apartment Life peacock sculpture. Made for CatherineTCJD for the 2014 Secret Scuba event @ Leefish www.leefish.nl by mustluvcatz www.mustluvcatz.tumblr.com www.modthesims.info www.leefish.nl|
|Filename||MLC-PeacockTableLamp-Mirrored-SLAVE.package (inside MLC-PeacockLamps.rar)|
|Title||Peacock Table Lamp Mirrored|
|Description||A table lamp made from the Apartment Life peacock sculpture. Made for CatherineTCJD for the 2014 Secret Scuba event @ Leefish www.leefish.nl This version is mirrored/reversed. by mustluvcatz www.mustluvcatz.tumblr.com www.modthesims.info www.leefish.nl|
| Meshes and recolors.
Size: 1.46 MB · Downloads: 2,973 · 17th May 2014
|1.46 MB||2,973||17th May 2014|
Key: - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.
The exception: My TS4 Robert Williamson sim. I would really like it if he's not edited in any way. He's my tribute to Robin Williams, who was someone I greatly admired. Changing him would make him just another sim.