Updated: Simple Symmetry Edit/Add-Ons
Uploaded 11th May 2015 at 8:03 PM · Updated 17th Feb 2016 at 4:48 PM by plasticbox
Update 2015-11-25: Reuploaded the zip; the low-height display and bookcase had an issue with placing TVs on top of them which should now be fixed. Thanks to Datch for the heads-up!
Update 2015-07-30: I gave the low-height display and bookcase a less stupid footprint and reuploaded. It was too high previously, leading to annoyingness when trying to e.g. hang a painting above them (one would need bb.moveobjects to do that, which I apparently had turned on anyway so I didn’t notice)
Screenshots show the medium display, medium bookcase, tall display from left to right (plus the mesh-overridden original bookcase on the right of the fourth picture). The rugs in the foreground are from here.
The contains four separate packages:
- Medium Display Shelf ‒ 295§, in Displays
- Tall Display Shelf ‒ 495§, in Displays
- Medium Bookcase ‒ 595§, in Bookcases, tuning is that of the high one
- Mesh override for the high bookcase ‒ moves it back against the wall, changes the shader to Counters, moves the rig, adds slots on top, and edits the LITE so that stuff on the shelves will be properly lit
All of them reference the textures of the original bookshelf, eight colour options each. The displays are re-mapped to get rid of the painted-on shadows on the shelf boards.
Tall Display: 134V/96F
Sun Shadow: 40V/56F
Medium Display: 131V/97F
Sun Shadow: 33V/47F
Medium Bookcase: 294V/164F
Sun Shadow: 33V/47F
blender, TSRW/Milkshape, s4pe.
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Expansion pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS - check below for more information.
|Filename||pbox_bookcase-simplesymmetry-low.package (inside pbox_simplesymmetry-add-ons.zip)|
|Title||Simple Symmetry Bookcase ? Medium|
|Description||A medium-height bookcase that matches the Maxis “Simple Symmetry”.\n\nmodthesims.info/members/plasticbox|
|Mesh name:||Simple Symmetry Bookcase ? Medium|
|Filename||pbox_display-simplesymmetry-high.package (inside pbox_simplesymmetry-add-ons.zip)|
|Title||Simple Symmetry Display Shelf|
|Description||A display shelf that matches the Maxis “Simple Symmetry” bookcase.\n\nmodthesims.info/members/plasticbox|
|Mesh name:||Simple Symmetry Display Shelf|
|Filename||pbox_display-simplesymmetry-low.package (inside pbox_simplesymmetry-add-ons.zip)|
|Title||Simple Symmetry Display ? Medium|
|Description||A medium-height display that matches the Maxis “Simple Symmetry” bookcase.\n\nmodthesims.info/members/plasticbox|
|Mesh name:||Simple Symmetry Display ? Medium|
Size: 62.3 KB · Downloads: 24,568 · 25th Nov 2015
|62.3 KB||24,568||25th Nov 2015|
Key: - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the File tab to see the download link. Click the link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract: Use WinRAR (Windows) to extract the file(s) from the .rar or .zip file(s).
3. Cut and paste the file(s) into your Mods folder
Need more information?
- Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\
- Windows Vista/7/8/8.1: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\
- Anyone can use both .rar and .zip files easily! On Windows, use WinRAR.
- If you don't have a Mods folder, just make one.
The creator also recommends the following uploads:
Muse Shelf Add-Ons
Towering Intellect Bookshelf Edits
Single-Tile “Intellect” Bookcases
Moderate and Subordinate Intellect Bookcases
Intellectual Bookcases Recolours
Another “Caress” Bookcase
Single-Tile “Cordelia” Bookcases
“Distraction” Book Table
Sharing and recycling:
– Feel free to recycle, you don’t need to ask.
– For the attribution, please link to the upload you’re using wherever possible (instead of my profile). This is particularly important with edits made for/with different games or game versions.
– If you use my stuff in something you make, please upload the result to a free, accessible, noncommercial site with no more restrictions than these. Code must remain open source; meshes and other material must remain re-usable.
Please do not redistribute any unmodified files – link to the upload post instead.