Japanese Low Dining Table (TS2 Bon Voyage)
Uploaded 21st Jun 2016 at 11:31 AM · Updated 22nd Jun 2016 at 10:52 PM by Naus Allien
It's been ages since I've uploaded something. I've been creating stuff, but sometimes I'm too hard on myself and I don't upload my work because I want it to be perfect. Well, perfection is overrated. Inspired by Arsil's new mod, I'm bringing you a modified version of The Sims 2 Bon Voyage Tea Table. You need to install Arsil's mod in order for the table to work. I'm also including the pillow as a separate, single object so you can either use it with this table or wherever you want.
REQUIREMENT: Arsil's Japanese Low Dinner Table mod → http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=578584
* The pillow does not require anything.
Since this table was designed to be used as a tea table, I needed to remove all tea-related elements. I also needed to modify the mesh heavely so it would fit Arsil's animations (which required the mesh to be more or less the size of a 1x1 coffee table). After that, I encounter some problems related to the placement and thanks to Arsil's help I was able to spot them and fix them. It turns out it was not my fault but a bug related to bone assignments when exporting meshes with TSRW. Textures are not as perfect as I would like, mainly the legs. Since I had to increase the height of the table, there was no way this could be fixed, unless I redid the whole UV mapping, which was a lot of work. As a result, certain pattern won't look very good. But as I said, perfection is overrated.
The pillow works 100% like a rug (even though the base object was a sculpture) so you can place it anywhere you could place a rug. Sims would walk all over it.
Both objects are fully castable and they have one channel:
Sort by Room -> Dining room -> Dining tables
Sort by Function -> Tables -> Miscellaneous Tables
Sort by Function -> Decor -> Rugs
Closer look and CASt Info:
Catalog description / presets:
High Detail Mesh: 1219
Low Detail Mesh: 969
High Detail Mesh: 185
Low Detail Mesh: 90
- Arsil for making an amazing and inspiring mod
- TSR Workshop
- Milkshape 3D
- Maxis/EA for the base mesh and UV mapping.
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS - check below for more information.
|Filename||NausAllien-TS2BV-JapaneseTable-Pillow.package (inside NausAllien-TS2BV-JapaneseTable-PillowUpdated.rar)|
|Filename||NausAllien-TS2BV-JapaneseTable.package (inside NausAllien-TS2BV-JapaneseTable.rar)|
|File type||Dining Tables|
| Japanese Low Dining Table - Requires Arsil s Low Dining Table Mod
Size: 67.9 KB · Downloads: 6,525 · 22nd Jun 2016
|67.9 KB||6,525||22nd Jun 2016|
| Japanese Low Dining Table Pillow - Updated
Size: 37.3 KB · Downloads: 8,106 · 22nd Jun 2016
|37.3 KB||8,106||22nd Jun 2016|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Click the file listed on the Files tab to download the file to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file. Now you will have either a .package or a .sims3pack file.
For Package files:
1. Cut and paste the file into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages folder. If you do not already have this folder, you should read the full guide to Package files first: Sims 3:Installing Package Fileswiki, so you can make sure your game is fully patched and you have the correct Resource.cfg file.
2. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
For Sims3Pack files:
1. Cut and paste it into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads folder. If you do not have this folder yet, it is recommended that you open the game and then close it again so that this folder will be automatically created. Then you can place the .sims3pack into your Downloads folder.
2. Load the game's Launcher, and click on the Downloads tab. Find the item in the list and tick the box beside it. Then press the Install button below the list.
3. Wait for the installer to load, and it will install the content to the game. You will get a message letting you know when it's done.
4. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
Extracting from RAR, ZIP, or 7z: You will need a special program for this. For Windows, we recommend 7-Zip and for Mac OSX, we recommend Keka. Both are free and safe to use.
Need more help?
If you need more info, see: