Instrument Tip Mod
Updated: 13th Jan 2020 at 5:51 PM - UPDATE 3
UPDATE 2: The Diva and Grand Vampires have a high chance to tip. Professors and Coaches have a moderate chance to tip. Slobs will never tip. Other NPCs have a very low chance to tip.
UPDATE 1: Sims will now route away from the tip jar after tipping.
I don't like the way tipping instrument players works in Sims 2. When a sim autonomously tips, the game does not decrease the tipper's household funds, meaning that the game is printing money. I also don't like the fact that townies can tip so regularly, because they don't have household funds.
This mod adds the following features to tipping:
- When a playable sim tips, the money is now taken directly out of their household funds. If the sim has less than 1000 simoleons in their household funds, they will never tip.
- Townies now need to pass a chance roll to tip. The chance depends on the type of townie they are. Regular townies, vacation locals, garden club and gearheads have a very low chance. Bohemians and jocks have a slightly higher chance. Techs have a moderate chance. Downtownies, socialites and vacation tourists have a high chance. You may want to consider playing for tips in Downtown.
- Sims will never tip someone they are furious at or enemies with.
- Sims who are in the same family can't tip household members.
You need the latest version of or to get this mod.
Tuning: Playable sims need to have 1000 simoleons in their household funds to be able to tip. If you want to change this to a different amount, then open the mod in SimPE, select the resource called "Interaction - Tip - TEST", left-click on the line that says "Budget - TEST - Can nID Afford?", click on the pop-up wizard on the right, and then change the third number from 1000 to however much money you want sims to have in their household funds to be able to tip. You should not set this number lower than 100.
Requirements: Apartment Life.
Interaction - Tip - TEST/0x7FD48616/0x00001003
Interaction - Tip/0x7FD48616/0x00001002
Object Mods: Object Interaction Mods (things that change how sims interact with objects or their environment, like "Multi-owner door" or "sunbathe anywhere")
Global Mods: Mods that change the way the game works without requiring any user intervention.
Size: 1.3 KB · Downloads: 2,285 · 13th Jan 2020
|1.3 KB||2,285||13th Jan 2020|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.
You can now support me on my ko-fi page if you like my mods.
My Policy: You can modify my mods or make alternative versions of my mods, and release them on any non-pay website you like. Keep in mind that I tend to update my mods quite often. If you make a mod that depends on one of my mods, and if I update that mod, you may need to update your own mod, too. You can keep track of my updates by subscribing to the mod in question, then ModTheSims will notify you when a new update is available.