Sims 2 Bass for Late Night
Updated: 27th Sep 2012 at 3:53 PM by EsmeraldaF
You must have the Late Night expansion pack, which added basses to the game, in order to use this item. It is found in the Hobbies/Knowledge category in the catalogue, and costs 750 simoleons.
It has two colourways, the main body and the sides (I would have liked to do more, but being a Sims 2 object, the mapping is always so darned complicated and hard to make into a CaSTable item, which they were never intended to be). See the tiling screenshots in the below thumbnail pics, and a few examples:
Looks cute in jam sessions:
One minor issue: I could not figure out how to make 'real' strings operate (a game effect) on this, so added a plane mesh with a string texture and a background that recolours with the item's body but darker, which looks pretty OK - hope this is an acceptable compromise.
Thanks for looking, hope you'll find this a good addition to your musical instrument collection.
Unzip the .zip file and copy the .package file to your Mods\Packages folder. If you don't have a Mods\Packages folder and/or don't know how to install .package files, please see full instructions here: http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...g_Package_Files
Made with s3oc, Texture Tweaker, and TSR Workshop
Credits to SeeMyu for the geostates tutorial, which got me pointed in the right direction http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=479215
Thanks to Maxis for the mesh and original textures
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS - check below for more information.
Description: Esmeralda f_sims2bass_95e5dbb8
* The following information shares where to find it in buy-mode, any buffs/moodlets they get from it and what it can be used for!
Size: 440.9 KB · Downloads: 9,130 · 27th Sep 2012
|440.9 KB||9,130||27th Sep 2012|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Click the file listed on the Files tab to download the file to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file. Now you will have either a .package or a .sims3pack file.
For Package files:
1. Cut and paste the file into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages folder. If you do not already have this folder, you should read the full guide to Package files first: Sims 3:Installing Package Fileswiki, so you can make sure your game is fully patched and you have the correct Resource.cfg file.
2. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
For Sims3Pack files:
1. Cut and paste it into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads folder. If you do not have this folder yet, it is recommended that you open the game and then close it again so that this folder will be automatically created. Then you can place the .sims3pack into your Downloads folder.
2. Load the game's Launcher, and click on the Downloads tab. Find the item in the list and tick the box beside it. Then press the Install button below the list.
3. Wait for the installer to load, and it will install the content to the game. You will get a message letting you know when it's done.
4. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
Extracting from RAR, ZIP, or 7z: You will need a special program for this. For Windows, we recommend 7-Zip and for Mac OSX, we recommend Keka. Both are free and safe to use.
Need more help?
If you need more info, see:
~ * ~ RETIRED CREATOR ~ * ~
My Fallout 4 creations on Nexus: www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/users/38171995
More of my Fallout 4 items + also TS4 and TS3 items not uploaded here: http://colorfulcommonwealth.proboards.com/
~ * ~ POLICY ~ * ~
I'm pretty easygoing, please just don't steal or copy my work.
You may recolour my meshes, just please credit me and give a link back here to the item(s).
You may include my creations with your sims, lots, storytelling, etc - just please credit me and give a link back here to my item(s).
Don't claim my creations to be your own work, don't re-upload my stuff to paysites, adfly sites or similar, or to The Gallery.
And, please don't copy my work and upload it here. I learned that's allowed when someone duplicated my Sims 2 Servo conversion and got Featured for it. But, as happened with that person, you'll be disrespected by other Simmers for copying. Because of that, I now ask that if you choose to duplicate my work, you must credit me for having done it first and give a link to my item.