Modular Pipe Organ 2 - Updated 5-2-11
Updated: 6th Feb 2011 at 3:09 PM - Updated 5-2-11
While it works well enough without, I would HIGHLY suggest that this item be used with both the moveobjects cheat and the game's built in free placement/rotation tool. The set was optimized for the use of these and it allows for greater customization and less building hassle.
All non-Late Night users may continue to get this object as a decorative item with the base game version download.
Late Night users can now play the consoles with the Late Night version download
The set includes 30 pieces: 4 different organ consoles (5 with Late Night) and 26 pieces of pipe work, all pictured below.
-Fixed footprints on all pipes making them easier to use without move_objects (though it is still recommended)
-Chamades can now be placed on walls properly
-Chamades are now height adjustable
-All organ consoles are now playable (LN only)
-Updated console specular textures (LN only)
-Added new stencils to the consoles for inverted-color keyboards (LN only)
-Added new portable drawbar organ console (LN only)
To update from the original version simply place the new parts in the same installation directory and let them overwrite the old ones. You will need to buy new consoles, but all the pipes will update so there is no need to rebuild your organ.
All pieces have 3 designable areas.
House, Church, and Symphonic Consoles:
3. Toe Pistons
2. Interior & Trim
3. Bench Seat
Feel free to redistribute with lots or link back here; just give credit.
*This object will have a very high poly count when a full sized instrument is built*
Poly counts are as follows:
Sifflote (x2) - 2772
Super Octave (x2) - 2772
Octave (x2) - 1386
Principal (x4) - 693
16' Fundamental Pipes (x12) - 231
Trompette en Chamade (x4) - 6204
House Organ - 2808
Church Organ - 5123
Theatre Organ - 5958
Symphonic Organ - 9693
Drawbar Organ - 4432
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS - check below for more information.
Too much information to load! Please check each package file individually inside the Downloads tab!
This mod has specific instructions!To download the original pre-update version, use Modular_Organ.rar
For the updated Base Game version, use Organ Updated Base Game.rar
For the Late Night Version, use Organ Updated Late Night.rar
Organ Updated Late Night.rar
| Updated version for Late Night users
Size: 7.30 MB · Downloads: 9,049 · 5th Feb 2011
|7.30 MB||9,049||5th Feb 2011|
Organ Updated Base Game.rar
| Updated version for Non-Late Night users
Size: 7.30 MB · Downloads: 3,381 · 5th Feb 2011
|7.30 MB||3,381||5th Feb 2011|
| Original Non-updated version
Size: 9.06 MB · Downloads: 15,067 · 3rd Jan 2010
|9.06 MB||15,067||3rd Jan 2010|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Click the file listed on the Files tab to download the file to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file. Now you will have either a .package or a .sims3pack file.
For Package files:
1. Cut and paste the file into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages folder. If you do not already have this folder, you should read the full guide to Package files first: Sims 3:Installing Package Fileswiki, so you can make sure your game is fully patched and you have the correct Resource.cfg file.
2. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
For Sims3Pack files:
1. Cut and paste it into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads folder. If you do not have this folder yet, it is recommended that you open the game and then close it again so that this folder will be automatically created. Then you can place the .sims3pack into your Downloads folder.
2. Load the game's Launcher, and click on the Downloads tab. Find the item in the list and tick the box beside it. Then press the Install button below the list.
3. Wait for the installer to load, and it will install the content to the game. You will get a message letting you know when it's done.
4. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
Extracting from RAR, ZIP, or 7z: You will need a special program for this. For Windows, we recommend 7-Zip and for Mac OSX, we recommend Keka. Both are free and safe to use.
Need more help?
If you need more info, see: