Updated: 20th Sep 2020 at 4:38 PM
here's little something that took me a year to finish - an animated koi carp.
No bells and whistles - it just drifts slowly back and forth.
Koi Fish costs 1800 S,
you'll find it in
It could be an animal or a robot, I couldn't make up my mind - you decide.
After animation starts playing in live mode, fish will move down
- water needs to be around one tile deep.
If you place the koi directly in a shallow pond, or on the ground, it will disappear.
Don't do that, use OMSPs. I recommend shiftable shelves by SilentLucidity
To avoid synchronised swimming effect,
let animation play for a few seconds before you add another fish to the pond.
I tried making more complex animations, none worked well in the game (unexpected 360 flips),
so I decided to settle for this one. I hope it looks decent enough.
I'm not touching it again
I've generated random GUID for this item
There's a very slight chance somebody generated the same GUID (mesh object's unique ID) for The Sims 2 creation at some point.
If you put two custom objects with the same GUID in the game files, only one of them works.
Remember to check if this new mesh shows up in your game.
Thanks to Echo for the tutorial.
This fish was cloned from Echo's flagpole.
CC Water plants
Koi Fish: 844 polys, 1311 verts
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS - check below for more information.
|Filename||PF_AnimatedKoiFish__MESH.package (inside AnimatedKoiFish.rar)|
|Description||Note: when animation starts playing, fish will move down. Water needs to be around one tile deep. - Do not place the koi directly in a shallow pond, or on the ground. Use OMSPs. - To change color, target the head area. Pineapple [email protected]|
Size: 830.2 KB · Downloads: 5,149 · 8th Jun 2020
|830.2 KB||5,149||8th Jun 2020|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.
* If you get ERROR messages while unpacking .7z, .zip or .rar archives UPDATE YOUR 7-Zip or . If you use other software, make sure it's not outdated!
* I don't take commissions
* I don't play The Sims 4 so I don't have any interest/experience in making convertions. If you'd like to convert my stuff, go ahead, just let me know if you share it anywhere (but no paysites! And no TSR).
If you get errors when trying to download my files please let me know!