Adobe Tiled Awning
Updated: 27th Feb 2021 at 9:21 PM
In the hot, harsh environment of the American Southwest - and a lot of other places, too - putting some shade up against your windows is essential. TS4 has a really nice selection of awnings for just that purpose, and I've always liked the basegame Made In The Shade Tiled Awning for its low-hanging style. So I converted it over for TS3, making it fully recolourable in the process. The first channel is for the wooden support structure, the other three are for the tiles, so you can really play around and get a good amount of variation and weathering in there. The second preset has the default TS4 tile texture as an overlay, just in case you'd want that.
In addition, I made a few changes to the mesh, the biggest of which is removing the rear support beam, as this interfered with windows and made the awning a little less than useful. For maximum flexibility, it can also shift up and down walls.
You can find it in Buy / Window Decorations for ?415.
LOD0: 474 polygons
LOD1: 366 polygons
Mesh and textures modified from The Sims 4
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS - check below for more information.
Description: Modified from the made in the shade tile awning from ts4. By [email protected]
* The following information shares where to find it in buy-mode, any buffs/moodlets they get from it and what it can be used for!
Adobe Tile Awning.zip
Size: 872.0 KB · Downloads: 1,161 · 27th Feb 2021
|872.0 KB||1,161||27th Feb 2021|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Click the file listed on the Files tab to download the file to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file. Now you will have either a .package or a .sims3pack file.
For Package files:
1. Cut and paste the file into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages folder. If you do not already have this folder, you should read the full guide to Package files first: Sims 3:Installing Package Fileswiki, so you can make sure your game is fully patched and you have the correct Resource.cfg file.
2. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
For Sims3Pack files:
1. Cut and paste it into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads folder. If you do not have this folder yet, it is recommended that you open the game and then close it again so that this folder will be automatically created. Then you can place the .sims3pack into your Downloads folder.
2. Load the game's Launcher, and click on the Downloads tab. Find the item in the list and tick the box beside it. Then press the Install button below the list.
3. Wait for the installer to load, and it will install the content to the game. You will get a message letting you know when it's done.
4. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
Extracting from RAR, ZIP, or 7z: You will need a special program for this. For Windows, we recommend 7-Zip and for Mac OSX, we recommend Keka. Both are free and safe to use.
Need more help?
If you need more info, see:
Do not re-upload my CAS items with your Sims; link to my upload instead.
Do not upload modified versions of my meshes, Sims or lots without permission - ask and ye shall receive.
Do not eat my creations: I accept no responsibility for any gastric conditions caused.