Dana Modular Sofa
Updated: 8th Oct 2008 at 9:58 PM by -Maylin-
Anyway, my first upload here, hopefully itll get a few downloads, but thru the highs and lows, I reckon I'm pretty satisfied with the outcome.
This is a new mesh of a modular sofa that came with nightlife, yknow, the one that joins up when put next to each other. Allow sims to sit, cuddle, play, lounge and nap as per usual; sims might bleed through when sitting down, and shadows might not line up perfectly, so many imperfections... but if it works, ill be happy.
Please report any faults and flaws.
I'd like to say a special thanks to Inge Jones whose been guiding me through the process of creation, its really a wonder how she bared with me the whole time :P
NOTE: For this to function you'll need Inge's fantastic patch, called SharedIsSofaASectionalGlobal.zip from http://forums.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?p=1393933
Highest vertices from component (armchair): 2038 apologies for making it a bit high
Face count: 2038
Avg vertices(for the rest of the components): 1400
Face count: 1600, estimated
Tools: 3ds max, milkshape, wings 3d, uvmapper, Apologies for the big size, but Ive also included various upholstery
The Dana Modular Sofa can even withstand endless malicious stomping
My type of loungeroom... cept for the pink armchairs, those were my gf's idea... such poor taste :P
And plenty of colours to mix and match sofas with cushions
Hope this works alright on everyone's pc so I don't get too much of a bagging, but right now, time to hit the pubs... ahh its been a while
And credit to the team, and also the numerous useful tutorials provided in this forum
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS - check below for more information.
Description: Who doesn't like to have arms? They're great! You can pick stuff up with them, throw things... even punch people! With this sentiment in mind, Comfortitude has brough you their popular and stylish Mr. Section sofa with, you guessed it: arms. (Note: Couch will not pick things up or punch you. Couches can't do that. They're furniture.)
* The following information shares where to find it in buy-mode, any buffs/moodlets they get from it and what it can be used for!
Size: 2.76 MB · Downloads: 101,857 · 7th Dec 2006
|2.76 MB||101,857||7th Dec 2006|
Size: 686.1 KB · Downloads: 106,703 · 7th Dec 2006
|686.1 KB||106,703||7th Dec 2006|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.
Also I've received numerous messages that seem to be enquiring on recurring topics. Here Ill put on a couple of faq's to help you.
Q - Those walls and floors in my screenshots in the "Great Aussie Bathroom", where can I get them?
A - You can't, those were made by me, and deleted by me, stupid me.
Q - After Ive installed the apartment expansion, the maxis modular sofas don't work anymore, why?
A - If you have my modular sofas with Inge's patch, chances are you'll need to download the updated patch by Inge. I've provided the link to Inge's page on my modular sofa's pages.
Q - The shiny floor??
A - Those were made by Murano and Ive provided the credits for those, didnt I?
- Any other problems you think mightve been caused by my creations, report them on the downloads page. Please only send a pm when yuor questino is unrelated to the particular objects etc. or if it's personal or inappropriate to the public eyes... nothing disturbing thogh :-)
- My objects can be packaged/uploaded in your lots
- No need to credit me, just share, sharing is good
For those recolouring,
- Don't need to link back to page for my meshes, i.e., you can include them in your downloads if you want