"New Roman" Hair for Males (All Ages!) *UPDATED*
Uploaded 13th Oct 2006 at 10:19 AM · Updated 2nd Jul 2013 at 8:04 PM by HystericalParoxysm
It is available for all ages: toddler, child, teen, young adult, adult, and elder, with the same colours for all ages (no grey elders!)
I have uploaded the mesh separately from the recolours: make sure you grab both files! The contents are labeled so you can delete any recolours you don't want. All shades have fixed brow colours (black for the silver and wine, blonde for the white, all appropriate brows for the natural colours) and the natural shades work genetically, in the correct colour bins.
Edit: Updated! Because nobody seems to appreciate my large texture snobbery, I have reuploaded with normal size textures, for smaller files. I still like the old ones, but you people living under rocks using dialup convinced me to switch them. If you downloaded the previous ones and want smaller files, they have the same filenames, so they'll overwrite.
If you are a texture snob like me and have a decent computer with a good internet connection and you would like the double-size texture version, you may download the binned natural colours here and the unbinned unnatural colours here. I also have high res versions that are NOT binned in the natural colours which can be downloaded here. Only grab one version of the naturals if you get the bigger versions: binned or unbinned, not both. No, I will not do unbinned versions of the smaller textures, nor will I do versions of anything... ever.
1000 polygons, 672 vertices. Shouldn't be any major issues... some slight dark lines where the mesh parts come together that's a bit more noticeable on light colours, a little sparkle at the back of the neck on children/toddlers during some drastic animations, and you may see the background behind a sim's head if looking directly into the face (moreso on child/toddler) - I didn't want to correct for that too much as I wanted it to work on wider faces/fatter cheeks. Lemme know if there's anything more major than these tiny little things that only really bug a perfectionist like me.
Please don't comment if you're just going to request something: I don't take requests unless otherwise noted.
Model Credits: You can download my model, Corvus, or check what content he uses here.
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Expansion pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS - check below for more information.
Size: 4.19 MB · Downloads: 87,189 · 13th Oct 2006
|4.19 MB||87,189||13th Oct 2006|
Size: 110.0 KB · Downloads: 113,529 · 13th Oct 2006
|110.0 KB||113,529||13th Oct 2006|
Key: - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.