Updated: 4th Nov 2011 at 12:47 PM
|Fixed the slots - everyone who got the file before I posted this note please redownload! I'm sorry for this inconvenience!||4.11.2011|
Don't have room for a concert piano? Dislike those electric ones? Here is a nice traditional piano for you!
I was making a western saloon, when I realized that I don't have a right style piano to put there. So I asked some people if they had seen anyone make an upright piano, that would also be playable. Jaguwar found me a few, but they had flaws I did not like, so I decided to make one myself - it's not that hard after all
Or is it? After lee extracted me the TS2 meshes, I looked at the files and thought: "OMG, why did I wanna do this?!" But I'm a stubborn finn, so I stripped off all the parts I did not need/wanna use and then regrouped the whole thing for mapping. TS2 mapping does not really work for TS3 >.<
After some time and cursing I had myself a nice uvmap, which I then just fiddled with a little to make things nice. The harder part really was to fix all the little extra bits Blender added to the multiplier. A little too much black here, little too much gray there, etc. And making the mask...
But I made it, and am very happy with the results. Then I decided i wanted the piano to sit nicely against the wall (the electric piano doesn't). Moving the butt-slot was not as easy as I would have imagined! Morph gave me advices, but i just could not make TSRW, and Atavera's Rig editor work together and do what I want, so Morph was a nice guy and fixed the butt-slot for me
I thought I was done, but no. Lee and HP made me make deco slots. I objected a little after the butt-slot fiasco, but gave in and added 3 decorative slots. Then I only needed someone to test for me, and that was my lovely friend Kayla.
Of course it was not as straight forward, but I don't feel that it's necessary for me to tell you about every single fix/test
The result of this work is a very nice traditional piano, that I hope many of you will enjoy!
- Category location - Buy/Hobbies and skill/Creative
- Price - 2500§
- Polycount - Highlod: 4174/3034, Mediumlod: 4126/2980
- 3 channels - cushion, body, horizontal bits and deco
- 3 slots for decorative objects
- This piano is not live-dragable by default ie. you can't drag it to your sims inventory/backpack. If you want to enable dragging it in live mode, download the mod I made for it.
Edited to add:
Some people seemed to want the ability to use the piano from the sims inventory, so I have added a mod for it in this same upload. The mod overrides the OBJD resource of my piano, and makes the piano live dragging enabled.
So, you want the piano to be used from the inventory?
- Download my mod, armiel_a_Traditional Piano_Inventorymod, and place it in same folder/subfolder that you place the piano in. Otherwise it won't work.
Lee, HP, Whitey, Morph, Kayla, Jag, #create
Milkshape 3D, Blender, TSRW, S3PE, Rig editor, UVmapper, Lithunwrap, Photoshop, Paint.Net
Thanks for all the people who commented and helped, and thanks for all the creators of the wonderful programs that make making objects possible!
And finally, thanks for TS2 for the original piano.
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS - check below for more information.
|Filename||armiel_Traditional Piano.package (inside armiel_Traditional Piano.rar)|
Size: 1.0 KB · Downloads: 25,298 · 3rd Nov 2011
|1.0 KB||25,298||3rd Nov 2011|
Size: 232.4 KB · Downloads: 72,830 · 3rd Nov 2011
|232.4 KB||72,830||3rd Nov 2011|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Click the file listed on the Files tab to download the file to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file. Now you will have either a .package or a .sims3pack file.
For Package files:
1. Cut and paste the file into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages folder. If you do not already have this folder, you should read the full guide to Package files first: Sims 3:Installing Package Fileswiki, so you can make sure your game is fully patched and you have the correct Resource.cfg file.
2. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
For Sims3Pack files:
1. Cut and paste it into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads folder. If you do not have this folder yet, it is recommended that you open the game and then close it again so that this folder will be automatically created. Then you can place the .sims3pack into your Downloads folder.
2. Load the game's Launcher, and click on the Downloads tab. Find the item in the list and tick the box beside it. Then press the Install button below the list.
3. Wait for the installer to load, and it will install the content to the game. You will get a message letting you know when it's done.
4. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
Extracting from RAR, ZIP, or 7z: You will need a special program for this. For Windows, we recommend 7-Zip and for Mac OSX, we recommend Keka. Both are free and safe to use.
Need more help?
If you need more info, see:
I have retired from simming. This means I won't be supporting my uploads anymore.
Please take this into consideration:
My uploads have a date when they have been uploaded. If I have fixed something later, I have stated so in the post. If something is currently broken, it stays that way, unless you bother on fixing it yourself. :)
Policy regarding my uploads:
You may rip off, tear apart, re-use and destroy my content in any way you feel necessary. You have been given a permission right here and now.
Please do not however re-upload my content as is, and claim it as your own.
Please also notice, that my content is made to be free - do not include it in uploads that require submission, or paysites in general, thanks.
If you do use my work, a credit would be nice, but sure is not required. :)
Thanks for your time for reading this, for possibly using my creations, and for being generally awesome!