Sims 2 Baby for Sims 3
Updated: 25th Feb 2018 at 2:02 PM
Update 11th June 2016: Fixed the facial bone assignment that caused the face to become very wrinkled with some expressions. Also improved some details in the mapping of hands, knees and ears. These changes only affect this mesh with the diaper, downloadable here on MTS. Any other outfits will still use the previous version, unless the creator updates them as well.
For creators: The facial fix was done by assigning all polygons that were previously "left/right lower lid" to "left/right cheek". This can also be done manually in Milkshape.
This is a conversion of the ts2 baby mesh. It's noticeably larger than Quizicalgin 's mesh, and it uses the sims 2 head and face. I thought it might be a nice addition for slightly older babies. Technically, the whole thing, including body and diaper, is an outfit. It's enabled for both genders and Everyday (the only category that works with babies), and is not Valid for Random. Therefore you need NRaas MasterController to change your babies into the new mesh.
1. Download and install NRaas MasterController according to instructions. You only need the base mod.
2. Ingame in live-mode click on your baby with any active sim. Click NRaas.
3. In the window that opens, click "Stylist". This opens the Ambitions Stylist Room with your baby in it. Now you can go to Clothing/Everyday/Outfits, and there you'll find the ts2 mesh to select.
(3a. Not sure if you get the Stylist option if you don't have Ambitions installed. If you run into an issue there, continue with the infobutton below, to edit your baby directly in Create a Sim.)
I mapped the mesh to work with the existing ts3 baby skins, so you shouldn't encounter any major texture flaws. However the look of the baby changes significantly depending on which skin you use. For best results I recommend you use a skin that supports a baby-body with legs. The ones shown on the example picture are by Urban Sim Boutique, Aikea-Guinea, and Kurasoberina (Primer). The one I used as a mapping reference and in the previews is Kurasoberina's Freckled Fruit Redux
There is also a new skin, make particularly for this mesh by Laerta Sims
Follow the instructions above until step 2. Instead of "Stylist", click Advanced / Edit in CAS. There change Skintone just as you usually would.
The diaper has one cast-able channel and the one preset shown.
This mesh is compatible with all existing baby hair and certain accessories. This includes most things that go on head, neck and arms, Quianna's accessory tights, but no shoes. That being said, I haven't tested every single piece of baby cc out there. When in doubt about something, try it.
Bone assignment is as smooth as I could manage, though sometimes the mesh didn't play along nicely. A noticeable thing is that the mouth can't really open, so textures get stretched when the baby is laughing in the swing or stroller. Looks okayish though (and also strongly depends on the skin).
If you want to use this mesh in a project of your own, you can do so without asking special permission. Just don't do anything illegal and don't ask money for it.
There are clothes with this body-mesh available at
- Sketchbookpixels (To avoid confusion: Downloading there is free, they just pretend to be a shop for roleplay purposes)
- Laerta-for-Sims3 Their tag with baby clothing, and also hair and accessoires can be found here
1175 vertices, 1758 polygons
This would actually not have been possible in this form, without the pioneer work of Quizicalgin and Aikea Guinea, who first made a baby with feet and a skin for it.
Credit for the meshes and the ts3 basegame textures goes to EA of course.
Thanks to the Programmers of SimPE, S3PE, TSRW, Milkshape, Photoshop and Gimp, all of which were used to make this item.
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS - check below for more information.
Categories & CAS info:
* The following information shares where the CASpart/bodyshop part can be found
Size: 133.7 KB · Downloads: 18,243 · 11th Jun 2016
|133.7 KB||18,243||11th Jun 2016|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Click the file listed on the Files tab to download the file to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file. Now you will have either a .package or a .sims3pack file.
For Package files:
1. Cut and paste the file into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages folder. If you do not already have this folder, you should read the full guide to Package files first: Sims 3:Installing Package Fileswiki, so you can make sure your game is fully patched and you have the correct Resource.cfg file.
2. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
For Sims3Pack files:
1. Cut and paste it into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads folder. If you do not have this folder yet, it is recommended that you open the game and then close it again so that this folder will be automatically created. Then you can place the .sims3pack into your Downloads folder.
2. Load the game's Launcher, and click on the Downloads tab. Find the item in the list and tick the box beside it. Then press the Install button below the list.
3. Wait for the installer to load, and it will install the content to the game. You will get a message letting you know when it's done.
4. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
Extracting from RAR, ZIP, or 7z: You will need a special program for this. For Windows, we recommend 7-Zip and for Mac OSX, we recommend Keka. Both are free and safe to use.
Need more help?
If you need more info, see:
by The Merrye Makers
If it's within above guidelines you don't need to ask my express permission for edits, but if you make one, I’d love if you tag me or let me know in any other way!
Nowadays I prefer to post my creation on my simblr together with miscellaneous stories. You are cordially invited to visit!