Toddler Dining Chairs
Updated: 3rd May 2018 at 4:41 PM
These are technically highchairs, but they are approached from the side, so they can be placed against a dining-table. I made them look like base-game chairs, adapted for toddler use. There are two with a square cushion, two with a round cushion, and two where I altered the hight of the seat.
Installing as such is easy, these are just normal packages.
I made two versions of my chairs. One with right-side-, and one with left-side access (left and right from the toddler's point of view). The access side is stated in the chair's name and in the description.
They won't overwrite, so you can have both versions in your game. Or you can have three chairs left-access, and three right access. They are all independent objects.
I named the chairs after their resource name, not after the oh-so-funny ingame name. You might want to compare the attached pictures to find out which is which.
To uninstall, just remove the package from the folder, but I recommend to make sure, there is no toddler currently sitting in one of the chairs you are uninstalling. You might actually get away with that, but I don't guarantee!
In game usage
1. Place the normal dining-chairs first. If there is a toddler-chair at the table already, they won't snap into position.
2. Place the toddler-chair so that it looks like a snapped-to-the-table dining chair. It won't really snap to the table, as it isn't a real dining-chair. Don't worry about the footprint, my chairs are intersectable. But there must be a table-corner at the side where the parent is approaching, otherwise it won't work, even if there is no other chair standing there.
3. Don't place two toddler-chairs at the same corner. This won't work either. Normal chairs are okay there, but not toddler chairs. You can place toddler chairs opposite, or (if you use the correct left/right-versions) side by side.
4. Place the toddler in the chair, and have dinner! There is no interference with Sims eating at all the surrounding places. (I only left the fourth place empty in the screenshot, so you can see what's going on.)
There is a little glitch with animations. The parent's arm movement looks extremely unhealthy when serving, but that's not the main point. You might also get a bug where your toddler will be holding the bottle too high, not only in my chairs, but in every highchair. I'm still puzzling out, what causes this. In my regular worlds, some toddlers do it right, while others have the glitch. It tends to work better with toddlers who were born/aged up/created after I installed my chairs. But I also had a case where a toddler who had the glitch lost it after three months (real time). So you may be lucky and it works correctly for you.
I decided against back-cushions, but I added a slot where you can place any deco-cushions you might have.
The slot which originally was on the tray is still there. You can use it to place a decorative plate, and the parent will even push it towards the child, while seating. Also it won't prevent the baby food or bottle from being placed.
All six chairs have the CAST-presets of the original EA-chairs, and those with a cushion have an extra channel for the cushion to be recoloured. They are all a bit leaner than the original, so they won't cut through the wall, if you place them against one.
They are all found in Buymode under:
Sort by Room/Nursery/Furniture
Sort by Room/Dining/Dining-Chairs
Sort by Function/Kids/Furniture
Sort by Funktion/Comfort/MiscComfort
|Cheap Chair||40||498||As EA||As EA|
|Chair Club||80||1045||As EA||As EA|
|Chair Country||100||1014||As EA||As EA|
|Chair Danish Modern||120||670||As EA||As EA|
|Chair Office||50||638||As EA||As EA|
|Chair Quaint||115||966||As EA||As EA|
Second Toddler Chair Set
Universal Toddler Seats
Highchairs with side-access
Credits for Screenshot Content
Lamb Cushion: mensure at TSR
Deco Plate: mutske at TSR
Toddler Long Pigtails: Wojtek0 at TSR
Toddler Short Pigtails: Wojtek0 at TSR
Lot: EA, Sunset Valley, Landgraab Avenue 86
Thanks to the creators of S3PE, S3OC, Texture Tweaker, Wrappers, Blender, Blender Slot Editor, Milkshape, and Gimp.
Special thanks to Bloom for answering my question when I was stuck...
...and Leefish for the great reformatting!
Thanks also to EA for the chair-meshes, and for making the highchair-tray the same height as the dining table
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS - check below for more information.
Size: 1.40 MB · Downloads: 13,233 · 16th Dec 2013
|1.40 MB||13,233||16th Dec 2013|
Size: 1.40 MB · Downloads: 16,239 · 16th Dec 2013
|1.40 MB||16,239||16th Dec 2013|
|For a detailed look at individual files, see the Information tab.|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Click the file listed on the Files tab to download the file to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file. Now you will have either a .package or a .sims3pack file.
For Package files:
1. Cut and paste the file into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages folder. If you do not already have this folder, you should read the full guide to Package files first: Sims 3:Installing Package Fileswiki, so you can make sure your game is fully patched and you have the correct Resource.cfg file.
2. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
For Sims3Pack files:
1. Cut and paste it into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads folder. If you do not have this folder yet, it is recommended that you open the game and then close it again so that this folder will be automatically created. Then you can place the .sims3pack into your Downloads folder.
2. Load the game's Launcher, and click on the Downloads tab. Find the item in the list and tick the box beside it. Then press the Install button below the list.
3. Wait for the installer to load, and it will install the content to the game. You will get a message letting you know when it's done.
4. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
Extracting from RAR, ZIP, or 7z: You will need a special program for this. For Windows, we recommend 7-Zip and for Mac OSX, we recommend Keka. Both are free and safe to use.
Need more help?
If you need more info, see:
If it's within above guidelines you don't need to ask my express permission for edits, but if you make one, I’d love if you tag me or let me know in any other way!
Nowadays I prefer to post my creation on my simblr together with miscellaneous stories. You are cordially invited to visit!