Universal Toddler Seats
Updated: 8th May 2017 at 8:04 PM - Update
Warning: Do not ever let a real toddler sit on a pile of books! They can easily slip and fall down. And be careful with cushions too. Be careful ALWAYS.
May 1st 2014: Updated version with reduced floorshadow and back-cushion-slots.
Okay, back to my normal voice: After I released my first set of toddler chairs, Shmoopiesims (now Loubellesims) made one of them into a set of booster-seats. I hadn't even thought this was possible! But as I've been asked to share my cushion separately, and I always wanted to do a pile of books, I made my own seat set. I still find the complete chairs easier to click though.
(I can't find Loubellesims' original posts any more, but you can still download their seats via the reblogs on my own tumblr: here and here!)
Again, the instructions at my first toddler chair set apply to these seats, too. Only in this case, you place them on a regular dining chair. Older Sims will not be able to sit on the chair with the seat on it. Depending on the height of the chair, the toddler's feet may cut through the chair more or less. (Yes, EA chairs have different hights)
Presets and Customization
The cushion has one channel and comes with one boring preset.
The books have one channel, too, but more interesting presets: The first preset has the standard title as a stencil and the rest of the cover CASTable. The other presets have complete overlays, featuring a toddler book, an antique book, a novel, a recipe, and a shabby book. I used the UV map of the EA book. This is the reason you can't have a pile of two different books. But it also makes it possible to add other EA covers, if you have some basic knowledge of Sims3 OC, PE and TextureTweaker. Just clone any book, extract a cover you like and add it as a preset.
As usual, these seats come as a left, and a right version, and as a special bonus, I've also included a front-access-version (mainly for storytelling purposes).
Found in Buymode under:
Sort by Room/Nursery/Furniture
Sort by Room/Dining/Dining-Chairs
Sort by Function/Kids/Furniture
Sort by Function/Comfort/MiscComfort
They all cost 20§
Thanks to the creators of S3PE, S3OC, Texture Tweaker, Wrappers, Blender, Blender Slot Editor, Milkshape, and Gimp.
Huge thanks to shmoopiesims for showing me this is possible!
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS - check below for more information.
Size: 404.3 KB · Downloads: 10,345 · 11th Mar 2014
|404.3 KB||10,345||11th Mar 2014|
Size: 420.9 KB · Downloads: 7,072 · 11th Mar 2014
|420.9 KB||7,072||11th Mar 2014|
|For a detailed look at individual files, see the Information tab.|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Click the file listed on the Files tab to download the file to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file. Now you will have either a .package or a .sims3pack file.
For Package files:
1. Cut and paste the file into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages folder. If you do not already have this folder, you should read the full guide to Package files first: Sims 3:Installing Package Fileswiki, so you can make sure your game is fully patched and you have the correct Resource.cfg file.
2. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
For Sims3Pack files:
1. Cut and paste it into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads folder. If you do not have this folder yet, it is recommended that you open the game and then close it again so that this folder will be automatically created. Then you can place the .sims3pack into your Downloads folder.
2. Load the game's Launcher, and click on the Downloads tab. Find the item in the list and tick the box beside it. Then press the Install button below the list.
3. Wait for the installer to load, and it will install the content to the game. You will get a message letting you know when it's done.
4. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
Extracting from RAR, ZIP, or 7z: You will need a special program for this. For Windows, we recommend 7-Zip and for Mac OSX, we recommend Keka. Both are free and safe to use.
Need more help?
If you need more info, see:
If it's within above guidelines you don't need to ask my express permission for edits, but if you make one, I’d love if you tag me or let me know in any other way!
Nowadays I prefer to post my creation on my simblr together with miscellaneous stories. You are cordially invited to visit!