Functional Counter-Height Dining Tables
Updated: 5th Jan 2021 at 10:56 PM - forgot link to the CEP-extra
So here is what I came up with:
- 2 counter-height tables matching the Brasserie and Vintage Retro tables from Nightlife
- 3 barstools working as dining chairs, cloned from mustluvcatz' high chairs from her Kim's Table set, and using Maxis meshes from Nightlife and the base game. The animations are not perfect but overall it works fine.
Since the tables and barstools are repositoried to the corresponding Maxis objects, Nightlife is required (except for the quaint barstool from the basegame). Any recolors you already have for these will work
[Edit: 05/01/2021] I forgot to mention that I have HugeLunatic's CEP-extra for the diner table and hipster barstool installed, so it may be required for the textures to display properly. I haven't gotten any complaints so far but in case anyone gets flashing blue objects, you can get it here
Alternatively, to turn any barstool - Maxis or custom - into a functioning dining chair, you can use the very nifty barstool OMSP by Honeywell, part of her island counter desk set . The downside of this is that the placement is a bit fiddly (details in the spoiler):
1 - place a table, and place the barstool OMSP facing it the same way you would place a chair
2 - place an island counter somewhere else, and place the barstool you want to use in front of it (an actual barstool, not my barstool-height chairs)
3 - switch to live mode, let the barstool tuck under the island and the OMSP under the table
4 - Back to buy mode, with moveobjects on, grab the barstool and place it on the OMSP.
5 - Delete the island, make the OMSP invisible using the swatch tool, and you're done!
Advantages of this method: you can use any barstool you like, Maxis or custom, in combination with the high-top tables. very versatile!
Downside: since this OMSP was made to be used with counters, the placement for dining tables is quite tedious, and not very convenient for builders who create unoccupied lots and cannot switch to live mode.
|Object name||catalog sort||price||polygons||GUID|
|Vintage Retro Classic Dining Table - Counter Height||surfaces/dining||§235||374 polys/430 vertices||0x007C9D31|
|"La Table" Square Dining Table - counter height||surfaces/dining||§710||634 polys/990 vertices||0x007C9D01|
|Hipster Barstool - dining chair||comfort/dining||§340||710 polys/564 vertices||0x007C9D14|
|Ad-a-Quaint Barstool - dining chair||comfort/dining||§285||1450 polys/1107 vertices||0x007C9D37|
|The Somptuous Brasserie Barstool - dining chair||comfort/dining||§680||708 polys/808 vertices||0x007C9D36|
SimPE, Wings3D, UVMapper, the Compresorizer
Hugelunatic for the CEP-extra
Many thanks to Honeywell for the barstool OMSP, and mustluvcatz for the barstool-height chairs, they had already done half of the work!
CC featured in previews:
Lamps by PineappleForest and BeosBoxBoy
Trash can: public restroom set by Raynuss
Gym locker recolor by Michelle
Diner table recolors by me (not available for download)
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS - check below for more information.
Size: 112.8 KB · Downloads: 893 · 13th Dec 2020
|112.8 KB||893||13th Dec 2020|
|For a detailed look at individual files, see the Information tab.|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.
For a full list of packs with names, see the Packs Needed popup.