Delphy's Sims 3 Pack Multi-Extracter (Updated 5th Sept 2009)
Updated: 27th Nov 2013 at 4:13 PM by Nysha
This program (Similar to my Sims2Pack Multi-Installer) allows you to bulk extract multiple Sims 3 Pack files in a folder, extracting them to another folder (it doesn't have to be Mods\Packages, it could be a staging area).
Please note! This is NOT a replacement for the Launcher. It will NOT give extracted packages the custom content icon. It is PURELY meant to extract Sims3Packs so that you may put them in your Mods\Packages folder, or subfolders thereof.
How do I install this?
You don't. Just extract and run.
What do I need to run this?
You need .NET Framework 2.0. It has been writted and tested on Vista x32. No testing has been performed on Vista or XP x64. No testing has been performed in Mono.
How do I use this?
Run the program.
Select the folder with all your Sims3Pack files using the first "browse" button.
Select the folder where you want to extract the files to using the second "browse" button.
I used this and nothing appears in my game!
Please read the Help FAQs. Help -> Sims 3 -> Installing .package files.
I will only answer questions in this thread directly related to the actual program. I will not answer questions asking how to install packages - we have FAQs for that!
- Added back in Clean Names, but with disclaimer - it only works on Sims 3 Packs with one package in them
- Removed error / information label to a status bar
- Added minimise button
- Renamed program to Sims3Pack Extractor, just to clarify what it actually does
Windows: Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, etc
CC Managers: Tools for installing and managing custom content, custom music, custom paintings etc.
Not Applicable: Standalone tools
Sims3Pack Multi Installer.rar
Size: 7.5 KB · Downloads: 499,049 · 15th Aug 2009
|7.5 KB||499,049||15th Aug 2009|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Click the file listed on the Files tab to download the file to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file. Now you will have either a .package or a .sims3pack file.
For Package files:
1. Cut and paste the file into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages folder. If you do not already have this folder, you should read the full guide to Package files first: Sims 3:Installing Package Fileswiki, so you can make sure your game is fully patched and you have the correct Resource.cfg file.
2. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
For Sims3Pack files:
1. Cut and paste it into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads folder. If you do not have this folder yet, it is recommended that you open the game and then close it again so that this folder will be automatically created. Then you can place the .sims3pack into your Downloads folder.
2. Load the game's Launcher, and click on the Downloads tab. Find the item in the list and tick the box beside it. Then press the Install button below the list.
3. Wait for the installer to load, and it will install the content to the game. You will get a message letting you know when it's done.
4. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
Extracting from RAR, ZIP, or 7z: You will need a special program for this. For Windows, we recommend 7-Zip and for Mac OSX, we recommend Keka. Both are free and safe to use.
Need more help?
If you need more info, see:
by CTU Team