Faire Folk Liberation Army Decorative Item Manoeuver
Updated: 21st Sep 2012 at 3:28 AM
When I buy a set from the Sims 3 Store, I expect a minimal level of quality…not a monstrosity of a bookshelf that appears to have been created during a developer’s Vicodin dream.
I mean, why? Why, EA, why?
While the bookshelf is fugly, the shelf decorations are rather pretty, even if they are IOUS--Items of Unusual Size. The seashell is twice as big as a Sim’s head, and must have been home to Snailzilla, Mollusk of Renown, while the enormous starfish looks like it had been feeding on radioactive krill for a few dozen decades…but the daisies and the feather-in-vase are more or less normal. So I felt that these items deserved to be liberated from this oppressive bookshelf.
All of the items have been made recolorable, except for the stack of books. But! I added a slot to the stack of books, so you can stack more stuff on top of them.
I retextured the peacock feather-in-a-vase just because, and added recolorability to the vase and to the little eye near the feather’s top.
Radioactive Starfish and Snailzilla, Mollusk of Renown were smallinated to a more reasonable size. Radioactive Starfish should be leaned against a backdrop of some kind, or else it looks like it is out for a stroll on the coffee table. (I was going to make a second starfish to hang on the wall, but I saw a squirrel and ran off…)
More pictures, including a channel and mapping picture, are included among the thumbnails at the bottom of the page.
Technical and Other Relevant Info
Radioactive Starfish, Snailzilla, Mollusk of Renown, and the Slotted Stack O’Books are located in the Function -> Décor -> Sculptures section of the Buy Catalog, while the Peacock Feather-in-a-Vase and Just Daisies are in Function -> Décor -> Plants. All items provide +1 to Environment.
Snailzilla, Mollusk of Renown
Slotted Stack O’Books
Channels: None, Not Recolorable
No expansion or stuff packs are needed. All meshes were play tested on a base game fully patched to 1.36, and on a game full of expansions and stuff packs using 1.36. They might work on other levels, but there are no guarantees.
I love thanks and welcome comments, and of course, please report any problems you have here in this thread and I’ll put Lt. Commander Lilliput of the Faire Folk Force on it right away. Really.
Tools used: Milkshape, S3PE, TSRW, Sims3Pack Multi Installer, Photoshop CS6
CC Credits: Vines by lunasims @ http://lunasimslulamai.jimdo.com/, Stairway to Cleveland Plant Stand by me here at MTS: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=482750, and the Art Nouveaulicious End Table, converted by me from S2, here at MTS: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=483595. The lovely tree (Fantasy World Tree) is from the Sims 3 Store and is also part of the Faire Folk furnishings; it costs all of 25 Simpoints and is available here: http://store.thesims3.com/productDe...ategoryId=11525
High Polys: 326
Low Polys: 135
High Polys: 166
Low Polys: 50
Snailzilla, Mollusk of Renown
High Polys: 276
Low Polys: 132
Slotted Stack O’Books
High Polys: 44
Low Polys: 44
High Polys: 222
Low Polys: 102
Thanks to Delphy, Inge & Peter Jones, Wes Howe for MS plugins, Armiel for Builder’s Island, and William Goldman for The Princess Bride.
Antique: Antique or Historical
Living: Living Room
Dining: Dining Room
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS - check below for more information.
|Filename||Kithri_JustDaisies_Liberated_8_12.package (inside Kithri_FaireFolkLiberation_DecoItems_9_12_v2.zip)|
|Filename||Kithri_PeacockFeatherinVase_Liberated_8_12.package (inside Kithri_FaireFolkLiberation_DecoItems_9_12_v2.zip)|
|Filename||Kithri_RadioactveStarfish_Liberated_8_12.package (inside Kithri_FaireFolkLiberation_DecoItems_9_12_v2.zip)|
|Filename||Kithri_Snailzilla_Liberated_8_12.package (inside Kithri_FaireFolkLiberation_DecoItems_9_12_v2.zip)|
|Filename||Kithri_StackOBooksTwoSlots_Liberated_9_12_v2.package (inside Kithri_FaireFolkLiberation_DecoItems_9_12_v2.zip)|
| Updated file for Slotted Stack O'Books on 9/15/12.
Size: 1.51 MB · Downloads: 11,616 · 16th Sep 2012
|1.51 MB||11,616||16th Sep 2012|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Click the file listed on the Files tab to download the file to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file. Now you will have either a .package or a .sims3pack file.
For Package files:
1. Cut and paste the file into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages folder. If you do not already have this folder, you should read the full guide to Package files first: Sims 3:Installing Package Fileswiki, so you can make sure your game is fully patched and you have the correct Resource.cfg file.
2. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
For Sims3Pack files:
1. Cut and paste it into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads folder. If you do not have this folder yet, it is recommended that you open the game and then close it again so that this folder will be automatically created. Then you can place the .sims3pack into your Downloads folder.
2. Load the game's Launcher, and click on the Downloads tab. Find the item in the list and tick the box beside it. Then press the Install button below the list.
3. Wait for the installer to load, and it will install the content to the game. You will get a message letting you know when it's done.
4. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
Extracting from RAR, ZIP, or 7z: You will need a special program for this. For Windows, we recommend 7-Zip and for Mac OSX, we recommend Keka. Both are free and safe to use.
Need more help?
If you need more info, see:
Visit my site @ http://www.kithri.jimdo.com/ for more stuff not available here at MTS!
Sims 2 Meshes--May be recolored, please give credit, no permission needed. Do not bundle mesh with recolors, link to mesh here at MTS. Meshes may not be altered without permission.
Sims 3 Meshes--Meshes may not be altered without permission. May use in uploads, but never to pay sites or to the Exchange; do not bundle with upload, link to mesh here at MTS. And please give me credit. :)
Patterns--Do not upload to pay sites or to the Exchange; otherwise, you may use in other uploads. Okay to bundle them into your package, no permission need. Just credit me, please.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License. See http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/3.0/ for legal information.