Updated: 29th May 2016 at 8:40 AM - Update
Don't clutter up your real live babies' cribs. This is dangerous. Blankets and toys can cause suffocation. When providing for a real baby, please seek real advice
Update Feb 2nd 2015
Fixed the issue of Sims putting plates and books into the crib. Included warning in catalog description for the safety of your RL babies.
* * *
All items of this set are matress-hight and intersectable, so they can be placed on the crib without "moveObjects", and they won't hinder Sims from using the crib.
I think the reason why there is no custom cover blanket out there (that I know of), is that the child is sitting waist-deep in it, when awake. I don't have the ultimate solution to this either. The best thing I could think of was to enable live-dragging. So you can just drag the blanket off the child in livemode when it wakes up. Of course the blanket will stick out of the crib then. As I said, it's not the ultimate solution.
Please note that although the blanket is live-draggable, it is NOT storeable in inventory.
There is one version for toddlers and one for babies, each opening on the correct side, being in the correct position and shaped to aviod clipping. Like my sledge, it works better with the unwrapped baby. The wrapped baby cuts through it's blanket slightly, when breathing.
The pillow is not draggable, because it comes with lots of slots for additional cuteness. Depending on what you put there, and in which order, you might not be able to use them all at once, but anyway they are meant for choice, not for suffocating your little ones (see warning above ) I found that sometimes it's easier to place the deco first, and then move the whole construction into the crib. The M key is really useful here. Please also keep in mind that there is still the teddy-slot attached to the crib.
Again there are two versions for babies and toddlers. It was not just a matter of turning it 180 degree, as I optimistically imagined...
All four objects are found in buymode under:
Sort by Room/Nursery/Furniture
Sort by Function/Kids/Furniture
You can see the presets and channels on the picture attached. I want to add that what looks like distorted texture on that image is actually the drapery of the blanket.
Screenshot Credits: Everything on the baby as usual by the wonderful QuizicalGin.
Mouse: Free Store Set Harvest Bounty
Baby Blanket: 140
Toddler Blanket: 140
Baby Pillow: 98
Toddler Pillow: 98
Thanks to the creators of Sims3PE&OC, Milkshape, Blender, Gimp, and their various plugins.
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS - check below for more information.
|Filename||Danjaley_BlanketBaby.package (inside Cute&CozyBaby.zip)|
|Filename||Danjaley_PillowBaby.package (inside Cute&CozyBaby.zip)|
|Filename||Danjaley_BlanketToddler.package (inside Cute&CozyToddler.zip)|
|Filename||Danjaley_PillowToddler.package (inside Cute&CozyToddler.zip)|
Size: 249.5 KB · Downloads: 36,977 · 9th Feb 2015
|249.5 KB||36,977||9th Feb 2015|
Size: 249.7 KB · Downloads: 37,885 · 9th Feb 2015
|249.7 KB||37,885||9th Feb 2015|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Click the file listed on the Files tab to download the file to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file. Now you will have either a .package or a .sims3pack file.
For Package files:
1. Cut and paste the file into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages folder. If you do not already have this folder, you should read the full guide to Package files first: Sims 3:Installing Package Fileswiki, so you can make sure your game is fully patched and you have the correct Resource.cfg file.
2. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
For Sims3Pack files:
1. Cut and paste it into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads folder. If you do not have this folder yet, it is recommended that you open the game and then close it again so that this folder will be automatically created. Then you can place the .sims3pack into your Downloads folder.
2. Load the game's Launcher, and click on the Downloads tab. Find the item in the list and tick the box beside it. Then press the Install button below the list.
3. Wait for the installer to load, and it will install the content to the game. You will get a message letting you know when it's done.
4. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
Extracting from RAR, ZIP, or 7z: You will need a special program for this. For Windows, we recommend 7-Zip and for Mac OSX, we recommend Keka. Both are free and safe to use.
Need more help?
If you need more info, see:
If it's within above guidelines you don't need to ask my express permission for edits, but if you make one, I’d love if you tag me or let me know in any other way!
Nowadays I prefer to post my creation on my simblr together with miscellaneous stories. You are cordially invited to visit!